WordPress Platform Installation
You will need a hosting provider, domain and access to your website’s server in order to install the WordPress platform. Installing the platform on your server can be accomplished by following the instructions here. Otherwise, you can sign up for our hosting service (Kahuna Host), which automatically installs the WordPress platform for you upon the purchase of a hosting package.
Organic Theme Installation
The Easy Install
Note: Installing a .zip file containing multiple themes will result in an error (Stylesheet missing). You may need to unzip your downloaded file and upload the themes individually.
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes within the WordPress admin.
- Select the “Install Themes” tab at the top.
- Choose the Upload option near the top.
- Choose the .zip file of your Organic Theme from your computer and click “Install Now” (Do not upload a .zip file containing multiple themes).
- Activate the theme after it has uploaded successfully.
The Traditional Install
For the purists. There’s a little more work involved installing a WordPress theme the traditional way.